10 February 2009

Short & Sweet

Yesterday's entry was very long so I left out Amy Burrows; she was born in Manea, deep in the Fens, in 1873 and somehow made her way to Brightside Bierlow, Sheffield, by the time of the 1891 census. I've recently found that she married William Whitworth in 1896 and by 1901 they have two children. I can find her and one of her sons (well, he's called William Burrows Whitworth and that's the name in the index list, so you can probably say that's all three of the three required proofs in one!) in1911 but I'm far too mean to pay £1 to get the whole household.

And now on to someone who will need so much careful searching and checking - yep, I've got a John Smith, born today in 1813 in Chatteris. There are soooo many Smiths there that I've only got his christening date, so I'm going to wait until I can get to the Parish Registers again before I attempt to find any more about him.

And finally for today (time off for good behaviour after you had to read so much yesterday): Happy Birthday Benjamin/Benje/Ben - 23 today!!!

No comments: