1 January 2010

Oh look, a new decade!

I thought I’d start this year with my gt-gt-gt-grandparents George Frederick Brown & Ann Moore, who married today at Thorpe Episcopal in Norfolk in 1851, but then I noticed that I’d given them the full biog. treatment on George’s birthday.

So, scrub that idea. A brief mention, then, for Gladys Emily Culpin who married Percy John Stubbings 90 years ago at St Andrew’s church, Swavesey. My first cousin twice removed, she was the daughter of Millice Charles & Emily (nee Armes), and she and Percy may have had a son Charles in 1920. I say may because Gladys’s sister Florence married Percy’s brother Reginald three years previously, so it’s anyone’s guess whose child is whose!

Moving on . . . . let me introduce you to my gt-gt-gt-uncle William Cherry, born today in 1807, the son of Thomas & Sarah (nee Bennington). And that’s all I know about him – he’s the first onto this year’s To Do List!

So, short & sweet. A Happy & Healthy New Year to you, dear reader.

More soon.

No comments: